Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gratitude

Hello Bloggers ! 

So that's how I actually wanted to start of my first post on this blog - "With Gratitude" ! 
But as I am completely new to this concept of blogging, I was trying to figure out the basics of posting.And by the time I posted, it was already evening. So I just wanted to say hi in my first post, and start on a fresh new day ! 

Over the past one week, many pleasant surprises have been thrown at me, and I guess it has been an overwhelming experience for me after a very long time..! It was at such times that I felt so so grateful for whatever was happening and whoever was making all those situations happen..It was as though anyone who crossed my path or spoke to me on those days could sense the excitement in me...And the subsequent days just went by as quick as a wink ! 

In hindsight, whatever situations I have come across in my life until now have all been only for my good and has made me a strong and better person, though at the time when such circumstances were in front of me, I used to feel so down and used to wonder if life would always treat me that way.....It's not that all the problems in my life have magically vanished, as if into thin air. Rather, I feel that I have learnt to think from a different perspective and have learnt to put focus on those matters which really need my attention....

And for this reason, I feel so grateful for all those people whom I have encountered throughout my life. Yes, even those who gave me those negative experiences, because if not for those situations, I don't think I would have learnt those lessons which have changed me altogether ! I'm sure there will be days when I would again feel like disappearing due to the stress all around, but I think that henceforth, I will choose to respond appropriately than to react unnecessarily ! :-)

Gratitude is one topic which has been spoken time and again by many many people. And just like how I have been through very difficult situations, it will not be so easy for a person who is NOT tuned to this way of thinking, to accept the reality that once you start feeling grateful for all the good things that you already have, the situations definitely start getting better, if not completely, little by little. 

Until now, I have not made a serious attempt to consciously make note of all those little things for which I should really feel blessed...As a child, I used to keep a journal and write and write anything that came to my mind on a daily basis, and never missed it.....I feel that somewhere down the line, I missed out on those small aspects which used to actually connect me to my inner self....So from this day on, I plan to start writing 'offline' as well, especially about the things around me for which I feel truly happy....I personally think that its not necessary to only read about all those established and famous people....We just need to look around us and recognize those things, which may although seem trivial, can actually make that one big change in us...you never know ! 

Here's one link that I came across and I think as the writer says, 21 is a magical number ! 


Courtesy: Being Grateful on a Daily Basis – Significance of the Number 21

So what is it that you feel grateful about today ? Please do leave a comment, if you can share your experiences ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment